Story counter disappear

Something not working? Post about it here.
Ultron90

Story counter disappear

Post by Ultron90 » May 3rd, 2019, 9:32 am

Hello and thanks for the app!

I was wondering, sometimes, the unread story counter disappear after downloading someone s story or not doing anything at all! Does this mean they got the seen indicator from me??

jaumcardoso

Re: Story counter disappear

Post by jaumcardoso » May 9th, 2019, 8:30 pm

Hello, I'm not Liam but I belive this has to do with Instagram actually, you can always see the counter in the person's profile even if it disappears in the main page.

liamcottle
Site Admin

Re: Story counter disappear

Post by liamcottle » May 28th, 2019, 4:14 am

Sorry for the delay.

Yes, this is based on the data returned from the Instagram API. Since the official app doesn't actually show you an unseen stories count, and I added it as a feature to StorySave, I have to pull this information from somewhere.

Currently, it checks the list of stories and compares the timestamp of where you have seen to in the stories reel, against the stories in the reel itself. However, Instagram doesn't always return the list of stories for a reel, which can be noticed when you tap on some reels it goes straight to the swipeable viewer, and sometimes it shows a loading dialog while it fetches them.

The next update to StorySave will have a more reliable unseen count for stories (the red badge).

I have a few ways to make it more reliable, but in some cases it's still impossible to determine the value, so I will show "1+" in the badge.
Cheers,
Liam Cottle