Auto save posts

Something not working? Post about it here.
Eldooda

Auto save posts

Post by Eldooda » June 21st, 2019, 5:11 pm

Hi Liam :)

Thank you for fixing the live streams auto-download :)

I'm not sure if this is a bug report or a request, but anyways here is the problem:

I get notifications from users that they have just posted a photo on instagram, and when I drag down the notification I can see the photo, but when I open the instagram I get a message saying that the photo is not available or removed, and the auto-download saves another photo other than the one shown in the drag down notification...

Is there a way that Story save can download the photo from the notification panel itself? I mean since it is always visible in the notification preview, then it is saved somewhere on the device.

Is this doable?

Thank you so much for your great efforts with this app :)

liamcottle
Site Admin

Re: Auto save posts

Post by liamcottle » June 29th, 2019, 1:22 am

Heya,

The idea that you mentioned about grabbing the photo from the notification itself, is actually what I tried to do from the start.

Unfortunately though, Android doesn't give you access to that part of the notification (intent nor images), only which app the notification is from, and the ticker text etc.

It may be possible to snag it with root access, however I want to keep StorySave without that sort of wizzardry...

What you have noticed, where it downloads a completely different photo from what was in the notification, is because what StorySave actually does, is when the notification from Instagram is detected in StorySave, it will fetch that users posts feed, and download the most recent post available. So in your case, since the actual post the notification was for, was deleted, the other post that was downloaded instead, was the most recent post by that user.

If there was some way to access more data from the notification, then it would work a bit better. But until I can figure out a better way, this is how it works for now :(
Cheers,
Liam Cottle

Eldooda

Re: Auto save posts

Post by Eldooda » July 1st, 2019, 5:57 am

Thanks Liam for your efforts :)

I hope that a workaround for that problem might be discovered soon :D :D